Hello everyone! My name is Armando, and I am an advocate for the blind and disabled communities living in the United States, specifically Georgia.
I am also blind myself, but that doesn’t stop me from achieving my goals in life.
The Mission of This Website
The mission of armandovias.com is the following:
- To share my advocacy experiences with the world, whether it is
- Writing Letters: I write letters to local, state, or national companies/organizations/officials. You can read the letters that I wrote so far by clicking here.
- Starting Petitions: I started a petition recently regarding the lack of public transportation in Houston County (pronounced Houseton County), Georgia. The lack of public transportation is in the City of Warner Robins, Georgia. You can find the updated petitions that I am currently running by clicking this link.
- Showing Up To Events: The biggest event that I recently attended was the Advocacy Day At The Capitol in Atlanta, Georgia. I had to attend it virtually though. I told my experiences about what happened to me when I voted in the Elections last year regarding the voting machines.
- To share my experiences as a blind person.
- To share guides, tips and tricks, and other ways on including me, making places accessible, etc.
- And, to post reactions, my thoughts, and other random things I can think of as well.
I was born in 2000, with an eye condition called Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP for short).
I was born at 28 weeks, weighing at two pounds 14 ounces. I was suppose to be born in December, but I decided to come out in September via an emergency c-section.
Here is what I enjoy doing:
- Traveling and exploring new places
- Making videos to post on YouTube, specifically elevators
- Learning about new technology
- Watching ASMR Content
- Listening to music
- Watching TV (mostly CBS)
- Hanging with people who I trust
- Going on car rides
- Flying on airplanes (I don’t do this often)
My Imvolvements And Memberships
I am involved, and I am also a member of the following organizations:
- The Houston County Democratic Committee
- The Democratic Party of Georgia Disability Caucus
- Young Democrats of Georgia – Disability Caucus
I was recently involved in speaking up for me and the disabled community in Warner Robins on 13WMAZ and on Houston Home Journal. The best way to see all of my involvements where I publicly appeared is posted on my website. Click here to take a look at all of my public appearances, including videos that you can watch/listen.
I use to be a member of the following organizations, but I am debating on renewing my membership for one of them:
- The Atlarge Chapter of The National Federation of The Blind of Georgia (Debating, but most likely to renew membership later this year)
- National Association of Blind Students (NABS)
About My Personality
I am a friendly person who likes to meet new people in the community. I am willing to educate everyone about including people with disabilities in events, places, etc.
While I am not perfect at everything, I will try my best at making sure that I put my best effort.
I would like to hear from you! If you would like to learn more about me, you are welcomed to contact me in the following ways:
You are free to follow me on social media as well. Please use one of the links, located at the bottom, in the social media menu to connect with me.
You must be logged in to post a comment.