Born In: 2000
Hi! My name is Armando, and I am from the United States. I am a blind and a disability rights advocate who strives to advocate for the rights for the blind and the disabled communities. I am also blind as well. Hence, I built this website to keep you updated on my advocacy journey.
I was born with an eye condition called Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP) at 28-weeks.
Yes, I was less than three pounds, in which it caused my eye condition.
I am a graduate of the Georgia Academy for The Blind (class of 2021).
My Current Hobbies And Interests
I really enjoy the following activities, including but not limited to:
- Car rides: Long and fun ones to be exact (with friends)
- Making new friends in the community
- Listening to music (top 40/pop) to be exacct
- Going to church services
- Meeting and getting to know new people in the community
- Watching YouTube videos
- Working with technology
- Teaching people how to work with technology, such as assisting them with specific tasks
- Riding/filming elevators (note I don’t do this very often)
You can view all of the links to my media Appearances by clicking the link below, located in the list.
Contacting Me (Updated Information Below)
I am happy to answer your questions at any time. Also, feel free to send me feedback at any time by using the following options:
Here are the phone numbers that you can call or text in order to reach me. As of January 5, 2023, the local number was ported into the new phone system. Please see the announcement that was posted yesterday.
If you are worried about your phone provider charging you long-distance calls, now, you don’t have to worry anymore! The current toll-free phone number is 1 (855) 521-1112.
Local Phone Number (Based In The Warner Robins, GA Area)
If you Prefer to use the local phone number, you can do so by calling +1 (478) 273-0099.
If you prefer to email, that is okay as well.
Follow Me On Social Media
You can find me on these platforms, listed below. Feel free to get in touch using those platforms.
- The Armando Vias (Official Community) Facebook Group
- The Armando Vias – Blind – Disability Rights Advocate Facebook Page
- Connect With Me On LinkedIn
- Note: When you click the link above, it will ask you to sign into your LinkedIn profile.